Big Homeschool Family Resources search engine

LEAVE YOUR MARK!

Just a friendly reminder to subscribe to this blog, sign up to follow this blog and/or leave a comment so I know you were here! I really appreciate any feedback I receive! Thanks ya'll!

Monday, January 5, 2009

Favorite Rainy Day Soup

This is our family's favorite soup on a cold, rainy day. Other's that have tried it love it too, so I thought I would share it with you!

Taco Soup (EASY!)
1-1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1 sm. onion, chopped
2 cans beans (any combination: pinto, chili, black, red)
2 cans water
1 can corn
1 can rotel (or just chop a tomato)
1 sm. can tomato paste
1 packet ranch dressing
1 packet taco seasoning

In large pot, brown ground beef w/onion. Add all other ingredients and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer 15-20 min, occasionally stirring.

Today though, I didn't have any ground beef cooked (and I didn't feel like cooking some) so I omitted it and am throwing in some leftover cooked rice. I've used leftover refried beans (tastes wonderful and thickens the soup). I rarely use canned corn just b/c I don't usually buy it, but I do throw in the frozen corn and it comes out just fine.

Serve with tortilla chips, shredded cheddar, and a dollop of sour cream. MMMMmmm sooo good!

1 comment:

Life with the DixieChirps said...

We have a very similar Taco Soup that we enjoy too! We eat it from Fall to early Spring, for it is so good on a cool day!

WELCOME

Hello! I am thrilled you are here! . I hope this will be a blessing and valued resource to you, your family, and friends.

I've started a list of products with "tried and true" large family recommendations. Everything listed will not work for every family, but hey, if I can save someone else the time of searching the web for all these resources, then it would be worth it.

For homeschooling families, I will post links to sites for all types of subjects, resources, and curriculum. Once again, most of these links will be particular favorites that have been successful for our family, or for other homeschool families. Remember, “tried and true” will be our mantra!

Remember that I constantly update links, add links and categories ALL THE TIME. Also, if you don't see a favorite link that you LOVE, post it here in a link and I will get it uploaded.
Google

BlogTalkRadio Share Show Widget